Monday, October 6, 2008

Hiking the Y


Since Justin and I have been married for 6 1/2 years and have never hiked the Y above BYU campus before, we decided it was time to take the kids. They all did really well and, surprisingly, hiked the steep rough terrain without asking to be carried. Ellie loved being outdoors and seeing all the new sights. FYI: If your not quite in shape and need a little boost up steep hills, having a 17 pound baby strapped to your front actually helps your momentum quite a bit.




Little troopers!




The fall colors were beautiful. Matthew and Justin even took a little side hike to gather some red (and pink for Mia, of course) leaves.

8 comments:

Krystal said...

Nice job, I've never hiked to the Y either. Maybe it's time to try, you obviously showed its possible with 3 really little kids.

Julie G. said...

I'm super impressed with your little kids to make that hike! Way to go! Hey, I need your email address to add you to our list (for some reason I don't have it). Thanks! Julie

Lindsey said...

Very cool. I hiked the Y when I was a teenager and it was much harder than I expected. Of course that is because someone told me it was an easy hike. I love the pic of Ellie smiling, she looks like you!

Elise said...

How awesome of you and how brave of you!! I would have passed out if I had to carry Hudson anywhere that included and incline!!

Garrison Propaganda said...

man i bet that was a great workout. and the best part was that it was outdoors and with your family. way to go!

Jolisa said...

I totally miss hiking the Y. We did it when we were in high school a lot. I am impressed you carried the baby-wow! I guess Timp is next huh? I did Timp a couple of times with friends. I wouldn't recommend carrying the baby on that one! The very top you have to climb a few rocks.

Mama Bean said...

One thing I have never done. So any Sat in Nov that we can hang out with Lindsey? We need a girls night to catch up on life for the three of us!!

Shaunna said...

I'm jealous you get to hike in the fall. I miss the mountains and could use a little fall weather. I use to love hiking the "Y". What a great family activity.